Referee RE & Certification USSF G8+:
This training is available and being offered to you-February 24th is in Danvers, MA
Referee Grade 8 Entry Level Course
The USSF entry level (Grade 8) referee course will be led by a USSF Certified Instructor. The Grade 8 course is in 3 parts as follows:
- Online study modules (approximately 4-6 hours of work). The modules must be completed a minimum of 48 hours before classroom attendance.
- 8 hours classroom attendance
- A Laws of the Game Test – completed in classroom – passing grade 80%
All three parts above must be completed to get certified. The class is 9am to 5pm wear comfortable clothing and bring a lunch.
- Participants must be 14 years old on the day of the course.
- Participants 17 years and older must have a valid photo on their registration letter and present a government issued photo ID for validation.
Prepayment is required. Please go to www.massref.net log into your account and select a session that works for you. There are several courses in and around Essex:
- Saturday January 13 10 Independence Drive, Chelmsford MA
- Sunday January 21 43 Newbury Street, Peabody MA
- Sunday February 18 10 Independence Drive, Chelmsford MA
- Saturday February 24 DoubleTree Hotel, 50 Ferncroft Road, Danvers MA
- Saturday March 24 10 Independence Drive, Chelmsford MA
- Sunday March 25, 2 Forbes Road Woburn MA
You can attend any USSF Grade 8 courses within the state as well.
For current Referees ONLY:
Annual Recertification You MUST PRE-ENROLL!!!
Referees are required to complete in-service training annually to maintain their referee grade certification. The Massachusetts State Referee Committee (MSRC) offers several recertification clinics to satisfy that requirement. There is not a one year exemption from meeting the recertification requirement. You must complete the annual requirement to maintain your referee grade, obtain the new yearly badge and be eligible to referee in the current year. You cannot referee without meeting this basic requirement.
There are many many recertification course options for you to choose from. Please go to www.massref.net log into your account and select a recert date that works for you.
Remember no excuse you must meet your annual requirement as a referee!!!
Here is what we have in our area (You can attend anywhere):
Sunday 12/10 DoubleTree Hotel, 50 Ferncroft Road, Danvers MA
Saturday 12/16, 10 Independence Drive, Chelmsford MA
Saturday 1/13, 2 Forbes Road, Woburn MA
Thursday 1/18/18 DoubleTree Hotel, 50 Ferncroft Road, Danvers MA
Sunday 2/4, 10 Independence Drive, Chelmsford MA
Sunday 2/11, 2 Forbes Road, Woburn MA
Thursday 2/15, 2 Forbes Road, Woburn MA
Should you have any questions please feel free to contact me.
Fred A. Corey
USSF Area Referee Administrator
Massachusetts State Referee Committee