HIGH SCHOOL SUMMER TRAINING PROGRAM 2015
Sponsored & Supported by Danvers Youth Soccer
Our Summer Training Program is for those athletes who are looking to continue to improve through the summer months and to better prepare for their Fall High School Soccer Season.
Our coaching staff will structure sessions that will challenge each player individually
(Technically, Tactically, Physically & Psychologically)
All players are challenged to reach beyond their personal goal, each week we will focus on maximum touches on the ball, movement with & without the ball,
in addition to soccer fitness & conditioning.
Off the ball training sessions:
- Sessions will focus on coordination, agility, quickness, sustained speed, explosive power, and functional strength. We will focus on joint movement, balance and muscle flexibility, significant for a soccer player.
- All training sessions will be designed to both push and pull each athlete. Sometimes young athletes need a boost and sometimes they need to be dragged out of their comfort zone.
On the ball training sessions:
- All sessions will consist of lots of touches "repetition" always instructing to use proper technique.
- Our goal is for all players to improve their command of the ball, telling the ball what to do faster, on the ground and in the air. "Not the Ball controlling you"
- Help create more explosive players by concentrating on the first touch and speed of control.
Start date: Monday July 13, 2015 / End date: Wednesday August 19, 2015
Program cost: $105.00
On-Line Regisration Opens on 4/1/15 - Open to all incoming 9th to 12th grade girls
The 2 Saturday sessions were added so players could come down and play with little structure.
This is a great opportunity to play while having coaches there to watch and advise during game play.
Conditioning: 5:30pm to 6:30
Technical Ball Skills: 6:30pm to 7:30
5:30pm to 7:30
Conditioning: 30 minutes
Ball work: 10/15 Minutes
Tactical session: 45 minutes
5:30pm to 7:00
& Game Play
9am to 11:30
7-13, 7-20, 7-27, 8-3, 8-10, 8-17
7-15, 7-22, 7-29, 8-5, 8-12, 8-19
7-25 & 8-22
REGISTRATION FOR THIS PROGRAM IS NOW CLOSED
Michael Blanch (USSF D, NSCAA Level 3, DYS Director of Player Development)
Edgar de Leon, M.Ed. (USSF B, NSCAA Adv. National license, DYS Director of Coaches)
Bryan Lee (NSCAA National License)
For more information please contact: Michael Blanch at
or Edgar de Leon at